EXPAND AUDIO SYSTEM POSSIBILITIES WITH REAC AND MADI
The S-MADI REAC Bridge is a bi-directional signal converter between REAC and MADI. This bridge enables connectivity between MADI-equipped digital audio mixers/systems to any REAC-based devices such as the popular M-48 Personal Mixing System, Digital Snakes, V-Mixer Consoles, and Multi-channel Live Recording.
- Bi-directional format conversion between REAC and MADI
- BNC and Optical MADI ports
- Supports REAC Embedded Power and Split out for connecting and power additional devics (e.g., M-48 Personal Mixer, S-0808)
- Support for 44.1/48kHz with WORD, MADI or REAC clocks
- Preamp and personal mixing control with S-4000RCS (Remote Control Software)
Bridging REAC with MADI
S-MADI is bi-directional format converter between REAC and MADI. Up to 40x40 channels of digital audio transmission is possible between MADI equipment and REAC products such as the Digital Snake series, V-Mixers, and M-48 Live Personal Mixers. Both BNC and Optical I/O ports are included along with support for 56/64Ch mode. Clock source can be selected from REAC, MADI or Word Clock.
REAC SPLIT OUT
The REAC SPLIT OUT port provides audio signal from REAC or MADI enabling a separate monitoring or recording audio signal from the main stream. The SPLIT OUT supports REAC Embedded Power which supplies both the audio stream as well as power to a M-48 Live Personal Mixer or S-0808 Digital Snake.
A connected Digital Snake can be controlled using the S-4000R Remote Controller. Using the S-4000RCS dedicated software also enables control of Digital Snake and M-48 Personal Mixing setup and monitoring parameters.
The REAC (Roland Ethernet Audio Communication) protocol is an industry proven, low latency, high quality 24 bit/ 96 kHz audio transport protocol used by the S-1608 and S-0816. The REAC protocol allows the Digital Snake's signal to be "split" to as many positions as required such as monitor, broadcast and recording splits using th S-4000-SP or any standard gigabit Ethernet switch.
The following is a list of digital consoles, interface and other devices that support MADI so can therefore be used with the S-MADI ? opening up the world of REAC products include M-48 Personal Mixing, Digital Snakes and Multi-channel recording.
Compatible Digital Consoles
- Allen & Heath iLive with M-MADI-A card
- Avid Venue MADI Option Card
- Calrec - Hydra2 with MADI I/O
- DiGiCo D and SD Series MADI included
- Harrison Consoles - MADI included
- Midas Digital Consoles - Klark Teknik DN9650 Network Bridge with LabX MADIX Network Module
- Soundcraft Vi Series MADI included
- Studer - D21m Series with MADI I/O
- Yamaha - add MY16-MD64 (16 channel master) plus 1 or 2 MY-16EX (16 channel expansion)
For more information, check out Roland's website.